invite to the International Scientific Conference
Visual Anthropology and European Cultural Heritage (Antropologia wizualna i europejskie dziedzictwo kulturowe),
Panel 1. Heritage, cultural diversity and media:
- audiovisual media in preservation of cultural heritage in both its tangible and intangible aspects;
- audiovisual media in education as means for educating about cultural diversity;
- ethnographic film and film festivals as tools for promoting the idea of cultural diversity;
- cooperation with local communities with the use of audiovisual media.
Panel 2. Cultural heritage. Theory and praxis:
- cultural diversity of contemporary Europe in a perspective of European cultural heritage;
- new models and concepts of preserving heritage;
- technologies of preserving heritage;
- heritage and cultural diversity from different perspectives: macro-level (strategies, policies, programs) and local;
- heritage, memory and strategies of commemoration;
- performativity of cultures, embodiment of culture, tacit knowledge and tools and methods of preserving cultural heritage.
Panel 3. Difficult Heritage:
- heritage of post-socialism;
- heritage of post-colonialism;
- politics of display of difficult heritage.
Conference will be held in English. There will be no fee.
Deadline for abstract submission:
Please use the online form to submit abstract (150-250 words) https://nafa2015.pl/en/abstract-submission/