would like to invite to
9th International Scientific Conference
Multiculturalism – communication at cultural crossroads: areas of conflict and compromise
21 – 22 October 2015, Wrocław
The Conference is addressed to representatives of different disciplines of social sciences that conduct explorations of the multicultural social reality. The format of the debate is open for representatives of the widely- 9th International Scientific Conference Multiculturalism – communication at cultural crossroads: areas of conflict and compromise perceived practice, creating and implementing the ethics of recognition for multicultural values within various social areas. International character of the conference encourages speakers from abroad so the scientific potential of discussion and analyses could move beyond national borders as far is it has happened with the idea of multicultural pedagogy.
This year, the Organisers propose to undertake the reflections within the following areas of the scientific discourse:
- Cultural canons in ethnic, national and religious communities as predicators of cultural self-identification
- Cultural canons and the possibility of integration at cultural crossroads
- Communication at crossroads of antagonized cultures
- Multiculturalism at public institutions from the perspective of their function, law and policy
- Citizenship at cultural crossroads
- From the experience of working with immigrants
- Areas of conflicts and integration at cultural crossroads
- Cultural compromise at cultural crossroads
- Activities in favour of overcoming conflicts and reaching cultural compromise
The deadline for applications is 15 September 2015.
The Conference Fee is 550 PLN (or 130 €) due in 15 September 2015.