The Department of Psychiatry at Jagiellonian University Medical College, Psychology and Law Student Research Group and the Institute of Forensic Research in Cracow have a pleasure to invite you to the 9th Cracow Conference of Psychology and Law, which will be held on 26th – 27th November 2016 at the Conference Centre Faculty of Medicine JUMC in Cracow. Cracow Conference of Psychology and Law is also held under the honorary patronage of the Director of Regional Prison Service in Krakow. The conference is an international and interdisciplinary project which is organized annually. Each year we invite prominent experts whose research is related to issues at the intersection of psychology, psychiatry and law. The languages of the conference will be Polish and English and the simultaneous interpretation will be provided throughout the conference.
- Practical aspects of assessments for justice needs
- Psychological and psychiatric assessments in civil legal proceedings
- Memory, cognition and witness statements in forensic science perspective
- The application of psychological and psychiatric knowledge to criminology and forensics.
- Dealing with an Addict –the psychiatric, psychological, and legal perspective
- Working with people in detention
- Sexual offences
There will also be sessions aimed particularly at students, where they will have the opportunity to present authorship researches or a review of the literature.
The deadline for the abstract submission is 18th September 2016.